Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Oracle reworks.
Just started having thoughts about Oracles and how they could possibly be reworked for general benefit.

Let me know if any of this is possible or even wanted, looking forward to positive response and helpful critics about why things wont work ^^

Lets start with the GOOD!

Firstly, if it is even possible I think as oracles are farseer's it'd be nice if they had some benefits such as:

Being able to tell how many floors, and how many total monsters (encounters) are in a dungeon when they enter, in the form of a prompt in the chat box (such as corrupted get upon a star color change)

I doubt this is possible but it would be amazing, seeing what players will say before it is said (since they can see the future) :lol: Or even extending the range that they can "hear" making them able to hear mumblers and people off screen to a point!

The ability to always see traps in dungeons or at least a large boost to their range to detect them. (again, they see the future) Wink

Maybe they know how many chests and collectables (IE gather points) are on a floor on entering.

Less of a game mechanic, more of an RP one, but perhaps make a discord group for oracles where people post when they need help in a dungeon or something, and oracles in game need to alert players, rather than everyone knowing someone needs help in so and so dungeon "magically" it'd add a nice RP reason to have oracles around Big Grin

Onto the BAD EVIL NASTY stuff.

first off, nothing this good comes without terrible repercussions. so lets get those out of the way here.

Oracles are forever inflicted with UNCURABLE Blind status, making them always have -100 hit. it fits with the lore of them having milky white eyes as well!

When an enemy is more than 1 space away from an oracle, the oracle gains a -50 evade debuff as they're too busy focusing on every event around them to dodge. making them terrible for combat.

I know what you're thinking! But they'll just be mages, and wont even need to worry about blind! well I got that covered as well.

Oracles spells cost 50% more focus to cast (can even have a chance to fizzle as their focus is broken by a future event they saw that distracted them)
and on top of that, all forms of FP regeneration will be forever HALVED...as they are constantly expending focus on reading future events. (such as vampire healing only 25% from anything other than Silvermists as an example of Regeneration being cut.)

so say you get 30FP per turn regen from traits and skills, it'd be 15 only. food FP regen would also be halved (so fugu katsu as an example would only heal 20% post battle rather than 40%)

Things like this would make oracles require a party to function, which would be helpful as most of their current racial traits benefit party play. also makes them less combat and more RP oriented.

These are of course just idea's I had, hopefully some of them seem useful.

If you read this whole thing, thanks, you're awesome! All feedback is welcome, so long as it isn't overly hateful Tongue

Have a wonderful day.
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?

Messages In This Thread