Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fishy Suggestion
Fair enough I guess. My only real complaint/concern would be if they turned out to be just baseline humans with gills or fins like Sharkboy from Sharkboy and Lavagirl. I suppose if they were made into Corrupted, it would be even more reason to allow a greater diversity as the corruption may not affect them all in the same way. Some may take on traits such as (I'll use this as an example, since he was posted in the other thread) a squid-like creature such as Kit Fisto, some as a lionfish, or a shark like Prince Sidon. And maybe some aren't affected as much and appear more human-like for those who don't want something quite so anthro.

I understand the spritework for making a race with diversity like this could be tricky, but I think just a colorable skin base and a few accessories could make it work. Due to the nature of the character creation system, people can make TONS of designs work that aren't 'technically' supported by in-game sprites. But by recoloring and repositioning a lot can happen with what we already have, it just takes a little creativity.

And yeah, I think it'd be a little silly if a bunch of servants of Kraken popped out of nowhere too. If they were Corrupted, they could all be put into a singular race as opposed to the Kaelensia who are separated into the different mammal species which would be nice.

After some more thought I don't think them being Corrupted would be bad per-say, only if they were shoe-horned into only manifesting as small, hardly noticeable mutations. That'd just be boring.

Messages In This Thread