Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Fu
I entirely agree with reworking these skills as a means to improve Ghost. I like most of these changes, but have concerns/desired clarification on a few of them.

Slydria post_id=35195 time=1549056820 user_id=51 Wrote:Death Gaze
Quote:Cost: 24/23/22/21/20FP

A piercing gaze that seems to come from the grim reaper itself. Targets one enemy and deals magical Darkness Damage that ignores Armor equal to 50 + 100% (+25% per additional Rank) of your Dark ATK.

If an enemy is marked with Claret Call, it is consumed and this will instead deal unresistable magical Akashic Damage. Additionally, if the target is already Feared and Claret Call is consumed, this instantly kills non-boss monsters or otherwise inflicts Silence for 3 Rounds.

Cannot be used while Blinded.

Removing Unmarkable, and leaving this skill without a cooldown, provides an infliction-free permanent Silence. Additionally, because Claret Call is trivial to apply, it provides a spammable 60-250 or so unresistable damage that can't be mitigated because of the damage type. I feel as if, on top of that, it's going to trivialize most PvE encounters to the point of tapping enemies with a critical hit/haunted soul weapon, instant killing them, then repeating over and over again.

I believe the numbers, cooldown, Unmarkable removal, auto-death requirements, etc, will need a lot of tweaking.

Slydria post_id=35195 time=1549056820 user_id=51 Wrote:Painproof

Costs 15% of your Maximum HP to use. Cause damage to yourself in order to lessen the pain you feel from enemies.

Gain a full damage shield with a LV equal to 15% of your Maximum HP + a bonus based on Rank. Before your HP is damaged, this shield's LV will be reduced.

While the shield is active, you also will take no ongoing damage caused by debuffs (such as Poison, Burn, Lingering Damage, etc) but healing effectiveness on you is halved.

Rank 1: Cost: 15% HP, Bonus: 15, Duration: 3 Rounds
Rank 2: Bonus: 30
Rank 3: Bonus: 45, Duration: 4 Rounds
Rank 4: Bonus: 60
Rank 5: Bonus: 75, Duration: 5 Rounds

So long as the shield doesn't mitigate damage that breaches the cap (like Jarmor), and so long as the damage absorbed factors in Damage Reduction (unlike Frozen), I like this approach.

Slydria post_id=35195 time=1549056820 user_id=51 Wrote:Red Rain
(which applies Claret Call based on it's Rank but increases it by an additional 50% per this skill's Rank)

Could you clarify the scaling? Does this mean Red Rain will, at level 3, will apply Claret Call level 25? And then with Gravestone, all attacks will deal 75 more damage? (Before crit scaling)

Everything I didn't mention, I think would make a great addition to the class.

Messages In This Thread