Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Fu
Slydria post_id=35209 time=1549066522 user_id=51 Wrote:
Kameron8 post_id=35208 time=1549064131 user_id=215 Wrote:Removing Unmarkable, and leaving this skill without a cooldown, provides an infliction-free permanent Silence. Additionally, because Claret Call is trivial to apply, it provides a spammable 60-250 or so unresistable damage that can't be mitigated because of the damage type. I feel as if, on top of that, it's going to trivialize most PvE encounters to the point of tapping enemies with a critical hit/haunted soul weapon, instant killing them, then repeating over and over again.

I believe the numbers, cooldown, Unmarkable removal, auto-death requirements, etc, will need a lot of tweaking.

I see your point. I really didn't like the Unmarkable part the skill and found it limiting, though I suppose with the new values and unresistable property, I could see it outpacing things like EI which isn't really what I had in mind. I guess the unresistable property can be ditched. As for the instant death/silence, how about they both become infliction based chances?

Kameron8 post_id=35208 time=1549064131 user_id=215 Wrote:So long as the shield doesn't mitigate damage that breaches the cap (like Jarmor), and so long as the damage absorbed factors in Damage Reduction (unlike Frozen), I like this approach.

Yeah, it's got similar wording to the Jarmor effect but it's not intended to be able to overshield at all, just a purely 1:1 protection and ideally, it would factor in Damage Reductions before reducing the LV.

Kameron8 post_id=35208 time=1549064131 user_id=215 Wrote:Could you clarify the scaling? Does this mean Red Rain will, at level 3, will apply Claret Call level 25? And then with Gravestone, all attacks will deal 75 more damage? (Before crit scaling)

Guess I worded it a little weirdly but yes, what you wrote here is what I had in mind. Red Rain's Claret Call would be Level 25 at Rank 3 Red Rain and Rank 5 Claret Call (changed it to just add Rank*5 in Claret Call's LV so it's more straightforward) and then with Gravestone nearby would make it a 75 damage boost, if you feel that's too high, fair enough but I figured with the set up required (and how you can simply avoid the Gravestone), that it would make for a neat synergy without being too much.

With all that in mind, I like the suggestions. I don't know if the damage on Gravestone would be too high in that scenario, so I won't comment too much; the idea of being unable to be revived while next to one is appealing nonetheless. So long as Death Gaze is tweaked from its current iteration, I'd be excited to use any of these abilities.

Messages In This Thread