Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was FROZEN today (freezing crystal rose)
You can nullify Buster Cannon if you're so inclined, too. Those hit hardest by it (BKs) can purge it outright though you're right, it's not as easy to purge as the Frozen from FCR.

My point was that it's just as potent in that it strips a layer of defense away, just for not nearly as long as Buster Cannon, thus requiring more intelligent application of the ability to make use of it. The problem lies in this option being available to any Duelist sub or main so long as they pay the badge tax.

It's as oppressive as QHK can be in the sense that in purging it, you waste 3m, otherwise you could be seriously impaired if the status is left unless you have a counter to it (Blink/Teleportation moves), in the same sense Knocked Down can either cost you 3m or be totally ineffective if you've the answer to it (Kip Up).

The fact Frozen is such a polarized status like the Knocked Down QHK can inflict is part of why I'm vouching for it to receive the same stipulation that QHK got, if not a more stringent requirement for Frozen to activate than a status infliction check. It could require expending Voltiger or something, IDK.

Shujin post_id=36191 time=1555759698 user_id=135 Wrote:Also the same argument as you used for buster Canon and frozen being used together... Usually if you have to freeze someone to hit them, their defense was unexistent to begin with. Unless you do one of these try hard no hit/maximum Swa build I guess, though then you also don't need them frozen and just auto attack spam.

The argument doesn't exactly swing both ways here, as landing a basic attack can cause far more than what an auto-hit can. The effects of River Sword, landing Ether Invitation, the effects of Narcus, critical hits. The list goes on for what can be utilized for a basic attack that you'd otherwise miss out on if you lacked the hit to attack your target and didn't have any free-pass abilities.

Messages In This Thread