Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Summoners] Youkai and PVE: A levelling idea
I am -NOT- trying to overturn the FP cost scaling change, before anyone completely jumps down my throat. However, the fact does remain that PVE summoners got crapped on for a very simple reason. Sure, you can get to a high level and then level youkai up then, but my concern is making a new character and levelling as a summoner from the opening levels for IC reasons.

Here's the scenario. You're level 40. You have a single level 31 youkai, and a few from 15-20. It wasn't long before you realized that you couldn't really afford to sustain multiple youkai rgularly, so you started favoring a "main" one. But it's out of FP and getting it's butt handed to it. But wait, if your level 31 is losing so badly, what hope do your 15-20s have? And if your level 31 isn't summoned so it can recover, it's level is just going to fall behind! What this leads to is a lot of painful stalling to summon right before you finish fights for minimal FP drain, which you're basically forced to solo to do since no one will wait for you.

Oh, and RP exp, Dormeho repairs, raid bonuses, etc. These all apply to JUST the player, so you could easily find yourself with completely useless low level youkai that can't survive one turn against monsters 10 levels below you.

At the same time, there's many reasons to not just give youkai all their summoner's exp, too. First off, you don't want to copletely trivialize levelling an entire army. As well, you might PREFER to leave specific Youkai low for utility purposes, such as for sacrificial purposes ("Oh, just let me distract that firesplitter!&quotWink or for evoke utility purposes (For example, Haku. I care more about creating ice tiles than spending like 70 extra FP just to do more damage.)

Therefore, my proposal is to allow you to pick -ONE- youkai to get it's summoner's exp when not summoned, on the condition you have Sync Mind learned. My proposal for this is to allow re-ordering of the Youkai list outide dungeons, and give the exp to the first Youkai on the list. Including RP exp, Raid defense/repair exp, etc. This would make summoners actually not downright painful to level as pre-LE, and give them a use besides "lol FP regen and install" as well. And as for post LE, well, youkai are easiest to level once you're already at 60 anyways, so I don't see the huge issue!
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread