Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saya-what?
The Sayakensa is another item that was added a long time ago and has fallen to the way-side in terms of usefulness and has definitely seen little to absolutely no use in the years after it was added. I know many long time players have been straight-up confused as to what I was talking about when I mentioned the name, often confusing it for the Sayakana. It was never too great to begin with, but with so many better options or options that do similar things but better... I'm sure I'm not the only person that thinks it could do with an update.

As it stands now, 10%+ critical chance isn't bad at all, nor is the boost to kensei skills. But now that the Great Reckoning has happened and because of Sanctity, everyone has at least some resistance to Dark damage, and in fact, Dark resistance is far more commonly run into than Slash resistance. Going against anyone with any amount of points placed into Sanctity, you'll be going against several different resistances by default, but because of the Dark damage type, another one is stacked on. Personally, I think the Dark damage is fine, and works thematically for the item, but it would be interesting if it offered some kind of ability to ignore Dark resistance gained by points of Sanctity earned through Aptitude at least.

Other than that, the item also causes you to lose two Vitality. I only know of a few items that cause you to lose stats, and not without some pretty hefty gains in return. I genuinely don't think the Sayakensa as-is deserves the minus two Vitality tacked onto it when having the Dark damage modifier is already weakening your attacks.

My main ideas are either: A. Keep the minus two Vitality, but make it so there's some kind of Bypass for dark resistance; or B. Toss out the Vitality loss.

I'm sure there are more ways this item can and possibly should be buffed, given that it's a rare 9* item, and a hand-slot one, at that, but these are my ideas for now.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]

Messages In This Thread