Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[REWORK] Player Complaints (Policy & Handling)
We assumed SL2 would be a "game where everybody gets along and has no OOC complications because we're all mature and respect each other's opinions!". That may be wrong, or else this thread wouldn't been lifted. People are way too immature about it as I've been observing for a good while now, and lack something basic on both sides. The bare minimum respect for their fellow players.

GMs may also be a lot more powerless than I thought? If their judgement's blotched by their incapacity to look at the factual logs to have a proper middle ground, then that may be an issue by itself. Then oh boy... Dev should make this a more comfortable system for GMs to work onto. I've seen and been an Admin in several games, and had little to no issues handling problems through the reports since:

A- I could just right click and open the player's logs in an instant to see if they weren't trying to bullshit stuff to weight on their side.
B- I had firm guidelines that not only I knew about, but the players also knew about. GM had guidelines, and players had rules. Both were very apparent, self-explanatory and honestly, not as childish as to put "a gm is the law if dev's not around ha heh".

I don't think we can change this in a flash, but it's like I've been commenting around. We'll never have a healthier environment if we don't get GMs a bit more power, and players a bit more conscience on what they're supposed to 'not' do. "Common sense" doesn't really apply to everyone, but rules do. While business has all rights to be private, it's better done under everybody's jurisdiction.

A public forum for complaints, GM help and communication can both keep everyone aware of the issues that happen in SL2, and serve as an example of what to not do, for a future reference. I agree.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread