Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curate Class Line
Something that has always been an issue to me with curate as a class is that a lot of its balance is made completely down to the tenants (that can and will be completely ignored in some cases) and the general goodwill of people not to heal in spars to keep things fair (and from dragging on). But while I have no problems with the healing itself, nor even problems with the damage itself, I come to find myself having a problem with how they can be combined with no detriment to one or the other if you use both.

The offensive skills of Curate and Priest can hit pretty hard. Needle into another move of light damage like shine ray can hit you hard, just like any class. But unlike most other classes, this damage is often supplemented by healing that gives amazing sustainability. And my problem is the potency of these two when used together.

While this may sound ambitious, I'd like to propose a suggestion of balance to the offensive and defensive capabilities of the class. A nerf to both damage and healing (numbers are not my strong point though). But just straight nerfing both wouldn't be good for the class. My idea for balance goes further than that:

Pacifist Boon would return healing back to the norm so long as it was active (affecting all classes). You'd essentially force yourself into a supporting role for the sustainability you could normally hold up alongside the damage you would have had otherwise. Dealing damage would therefore cut healing back (but mean you'd be able to switch from pure healing to a mix but not go back in that match.)

On the damaging side, there are some who might choose to go full offense. In that case, a skill opposing pacifist boon could exist. So long as you don't use a curate healing skill, your damage will return to the standard damage we have now. When you do use one, though, you return to mixed, cutting your damage capabilities once more.

Whatever happens, I just feel that allowing their combination of heals and offense to be so easy for them is no good for balance. But I also want to keep healers as a potent force (every good team should have a healer because that's how you balance teams). Feel free to weigh in and suggest alternatives.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity

Messages In This Thread