Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grimalkin Instinct and Racial are not okay
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]

As you can see here. Grimalkin's pretty much a direct copy-paste of Felidae, but still their lore is way more different than a Felidae's. I found out that the new 'sub-races' implementions over the course of the time had those be atleast mechanically different than their main race. (I.E Reapers and Appertauri. Redtail and Omina.) Seeing this, I'd like to propose a change to either their innates, or their lore.

Lore speaks word by word that they're good at weaving curses and tampering with others through hexes due to their race being abnormal and outright shunned for making good Hexers. So:

[strike]Fleetfoot[/strike] -> Yin-Yang Affinity
Quote:Yin-Yang Affinity
Grimalkin have a natural affinity to balance perfectly the spectrum of Light and Darkness, as one is the opposite of the other, they cannot exist without the other. Grants Light Attack and Dark Attack equal to your Scaled SAN.
or
Quote:Yin-Yang Affinity
Grimalkin have a natural affinity to balance perfectly the spectrum of Light and Darkness, as one is the opposite of the other, they cannot exist without the other. Grants a bonus equal to Scaled SAN over your Elemental Attacks:
If your base RES is 10 points higher than your base FAI, the bonus becomes Light ATK.
If your base FAI is 10 points higher than your base RES, the bonus becomes Dark ATK.
If both are equal, the bonus increases both.

[strike]Instinct (Felidae)[/strike] -> Instinct (Grimalkin)
Quote:Instinct (Grimalkin)
The closer they are to death, the more resilient and karmic they become. At 50% HP, grants a bonus equal to your Scaled SAN to Status Infliction and Status Resistance, at 25% HP, this bonus is doubled.

[strike]Play Cute[/strike] -> Cursed Hiss
Quote:Cursed Hiss (Racial Trait, Req. Grimalkin Race)
Grants a special skill in battle called Cursed Hiss. (You hiss threateningly, giving you a chance to Hesitate all enemies within 5 Range (LV = 5 + Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.) This also may extend the duration of their debuffs by 1 round if they are successfully inflicted with the Hesitation. 2 Round Cooldown.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread