Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Phenex with New Tricks
Swiftkusura post_id=37137 time=1562813959 user_id=188 Wrote:I want From the Ashes to revive after the person who kills thems' turn, with 7 momentum *It's not hard dying, why are they gaining badly beaten, if they are last chance should too then because of the same logic* And because phenex are designed around Phoenix logic, it would be nice if they shed off *All* status effects on them *Good and bad* like burning away any impurities of their body when they heal themselves. This also would go into preventing interference and the grand summoner soul chains from preventing their revive.

I do not personally mind buffing up from the ashes for Phenex, would make me interested to play one with the future too Big Grin

But... I disagree with having it activate only after the attacker's turn. It makes trying to counter, or even just working around it much more difficult.

Lets compare last chance for example (I know it is a class skill, but it is the easiest example I can think of). Once you knock someone out to the point they trigger last chance, it happens during the attacker's turn, allowing the player to potentially finish things off (which usually requires 3 more momentum). One can also potentially put a harming area such as cinders underneath to trigger on the next round, finishing the opponent off instead.

Reviving only after the enemy's turn, however, makes it so that the player can't really do anything about it, besides possibly stepping away when the revive happens, and putting something like cinders underneath. Any potential counters or workarounds decrease even more so if all the statuses are healed upon revive, since now they can't use statuses to try and hamper the revive.

Messages In This Thread