Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosted
"K Peculier" post_id=37611 time=1567938708 user_id=429 Wrote:With the exception of a few very special people, its no fun at all to just outright stomp and win everything you do by playing by the book time and time again.

That is more where my issue rests in all of this really, everyone is comparing the absolute stomp of using ghost with the most meta set of items and playstyle possible, (Tarnada, EI Spam, Thunderhooves, Blood Spike and Scarlet Twister snipes [Which works great because hey, SKI and CEL is a must if you want to be a tarnada Duelist] healing your Wraithguard, going 2H...)

It's like comparing the entirety of Magic Gunner with a Quick Draw + Autopistol + Ring of Thorns + Being a Shaitan + Ryart and want to balance the entirety of the class solely on that playstyle. Makes wanting to do something different work and be 'good enough' to hold it's own quite...well..discouraging, because either you go completely meta and copy-paste the same build as the next guy, or you'll be useless since the whole class was balanced around what they use.

I enjoy being gimmicky and shaping a build around what is relevant to my character and what they are going through, but this constant outcry of changing entire classes because of set choices of gear becoming broken if you play just right sincerelly kills the joy of it. And that comes from me that constantly hear people saying "Your character would completely dissimate if you (Insert what everyone else with a similar class choice uses, mainly Tarnada instead of whip, go Cel instead of a decent amount of Def) so you should totally change to that."

Because sadly people are very, very competitive, some even takes pride of doing 600 dmg a turn while being a extremelly powerful tank, but has a kneejerk reaction about another skill that can do 340-ish damage in a 2 turn prep, but hey, 'as long is not about that one build i constantly gloat about, lets nerf it!' right?

Just my [strike]two cents[/strike] coin purse on the matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread