Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Admins, but Why?
Hello! Awhile ago I spoke about event tools and event admins in a post long ago. We got lighting, we got narration, but I think it'd be nice if Event Admins would still be a thing- I'll explain why in an attempted simple manner.

Event Admins are needed in my view of the game because of a few factors.

1. GMs aren't always available, even if we have five.
2. Certain players wish to be able to host events but don't have the tools to do so.
3. It would help make the world a bit more active.

As for how the eventmins would work...

Event Admins, in my opinion, should be open to trusted players and those that truly want the game to be able to flourish and have activity beyond casual. If anything there should be an application if needed, looked over by the GMs and Dev as well.

Event Admins should be able to make events- be able to spawn mobs, give certain items. However, there's obviously something that should be done about it if it's ever abused. The events themselves should be looked over by a GM, that way it's not lore breaking. Along with that, Event Admins should be monitored through GM tools to see what they do. Something simple like seeing what items are spawned, what sort of monsters are spawned, and what messages are sent over Narration on World and Map settings.

It'd be relatively easy so long as there aren't too many Event Admins available. I'd say a number, but I don't exactly have an idea of how many is too many or too little. I understand why a lot of people may think Event Admins aren't needed, but I feel like it would make hosting events easier for several people, not just the people who are Eventmins. Besides that, it's sometimes very hard to get something going if you need to wait for a GM to be available. I know several event chains that have either stopped or just are almost on permanent hiatus because of this exact issue.

Thoughts? Worries? Concerns? Arguments? Post them here, I'll try to reply best and as politely as I can.

Messages In This Thread