Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WraithGod
Wraithguard is simply too efficient of a skill to use in its current incarnation, and it almost always ends up being a complete gain for whoever put it down. This is especially more so true with the inability to destroy it, should a gravestone be near it.

It's quite frankly abusive when combined with extremely high DR, because even tanks can use it fully, unlike its previous incarnation, which was limited to unarmored. (And halved for light armour) You can easily get upwards of 70% DR with standard defense, or even higher when it comes to armours such as turtle shell, or similarly high-armoured pieces.

It isn't only the DR itself, however.

The momentum economy gained is 9/10 times far in your favour, because your opponent needs to take time out of their turns to deal with the WG, if they even at all can. Not everyone can destroy a gravestone, and the WG itself, in a single turn, so they're stuck spending upwards of nine, even twelve momentum on it, if they really want to get rid of it, which is massive when that isn't being put towards your opponent themselves, who, of course, do not have this detriment.

The only time it isn't worth putting down a Wraithguard, is if you leave it next to yourself, and do not put a gravestone besides it, at which point, if your opponent can hit the Wraithguard and kill it, before the attack hits you. Only then, in that specific scenario, was it not worthwhile to put it up.

This makes for very lopsided battles, if both fighters aren't using it.

This is a list of solutions I've thought of, that I feel would improve the skill, into a place it isn't practically mandatory on all Ghost builds.

Solution 1:
Return Wraithguard to its previous incarnation, when it scaled off resistance and luck, and was a self-buff that could be nulled and stolen. This version had counter-play, and good value for what it did. It suited the overall theme of Ghost, that being a defensive mage-killer, rather than its current incarnation which is simply a king of all trades. It had counter-play, and that was great. This is the one I would by far the most prefer to see. I don't have any love for the current version.

Solution 2:
Give the current incarnation the same trigger clause as old Wraithguard. You still leave a standing ghost on the field, but you actually need some form of stat investment to get the 30% DR. The ghost itself would not benefit from this.

Solution 3:
Make it so only unarmoured users get the DR. Using crazy high DR armours with flat reductions and accessories like Snake-helmet is simply far too strong and efficient. You reduce hits that would have done almost 300 damage to mere 50-70ties.

If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to post them.

Messages In This Thread