Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WraithGod
I would very well prefer it being reverted. Sometimes simple is just way better, to be completely honest.

First. Thematically. I respect a lot, but I dislike seeing people roleplaying the Wraith as some 'faceless clone' or 'this and that'. And also there's no IC reason to justify its cooldown. Without a 'Wraith' around and the buff being centered around yourself you could atleast roleplay it in infinite better ways, from a simple "raises their guard enhanced by a red mist" to "goes mad before the premise of death". Hell, it was even answered in a Lore Thread over the 'how-to' on roleplaying it. And it was a satisfactory answer. Then it got changed. ;_;7

Secondly, Wraithguard is pretty much a loss in damage reduction on One-On-One, added to to making Titan Gale have a much higher chance to be obtained by your enemy if you are careless with it. Counter-intuitive and also grief-y in teamfights. You can technically buff an enemy with this and let the enemy wipe you for nothing but being a big asshole.

And finally, The Cheese. If you place a Wraithguard infront of mobs along with a Gravestone, if they surround it and mindlessly try to beat it to death while you chip the NPCs down. It makes the game's system look dumb and I don't like it. Cheesy as fuck, even if it's working as intended. And at the same time, if you place a Wraithguard down, it will stall for you infinitely, allowing you to do multiple procs of Die Hard. That. Is. Cheesy. AF.

Still, I believe in one thing, Wraithguard should be changed to what Dev had in mind a long while ago, only be useful against Magic Damage. This way it can still not have a restriction on Armor Type, while having a more solid role over anti-magic.

Ghost was always meant to be super good against Magic Damage and average against Physical Damage anyway.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread