Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Quickdraw and Damage Stacking
Spoops post_id=38240 time=1573159163 user_id=193 Wrote:I do think Ring of Thorns Plus becoming SWA would change the current issues to be had with Quickdraws at the current moment, and it would still heavily benefit a lot of builds as some might just prefer that SWA, if we can change Ring of Thorns Plus then we won't need to change Dark Claws really.

Thats the last huge outlier that is plaguing us when it comes to serious damage stacking and guns, we can probably make an effort to balance guns better later to appease most people, but dying round 0 or round 1 to these things is just not fun.

Another change that could possibly be made to mitigate on the lead storm issue other than just fixing the positioning we start with is also making Lead Storm not count bonus rounds when basic attacking, this would make most guns lose 1 round, but Quickdraw would lose around 6 rounds.

If I can ask you to clarify, Spo- Do you mean, by bonus rounds, akimbo? Since extended grip modifies the base rounds of the gun, you're not suggesting lead storm ignores the presence of those? I'd think that'd lead extended grip to even less use, since right now it's really not as good as it looks- In actuality you further spread your SWA in order to get an extra 21 effective damage if you have battle rush, RoT+, and dark claw, and up to 6(or 8 spirited) shell damage- Or a little more if you're akimboing handguns with 3 or more base rounds, something that quickdraw does not have. If you specifically just means bonus rounds- Meaning akimbo and QD rounds- That makes some sense to me and I wouldn't fight that change hard. I think lead storm is in a very strong spot for pretty much all guns, and could use some nerfs.

I disagree a little bit still on RoT+ receiving the SWA treatment, but if it's the direction we wind up going, I won't fight it. If that, and these other suggested SWA shifts for Dark Claws and Battle Rush come about, there needs to be some serious thought given to multishot guns and their viability, because those bonuses are seriously what's keeping them alive right now. Shell damage is not crazy significant, even with eight plinks of it.

Messages In This Thread