Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Quickdraw and Damage Stacking
I see no reason why Quickdraw should benefit 7 fold from these items and abilities, when it already has the benefit of giving you over a half-dozen chances to bypass high evade, land a critical for momentum's sake, and go first in initiative every single time. I can't imagine how sharp claws makes a bullet do more damage from a flavor standpoint to begin with. And I can't imagine how dealing 500+ damage four times and denying 12 momentum from a team before anyone gets to control their character needs a gradual, slow change.

When this manifests in an 8 man fight, it's the most obvious and the most polarizing. However, in that context, the issue is HEAVILY due to player spawns more so than anything else. Winged Serpent is partly to blame, but being able to maneuver into a position to Lead Storm an entire team as the first action you take is the real reason this gets as ugly as it does.

Would it still suck to have someone fly forward and shoot you for 500-900 damage before you can act? Yes. Is it overly efficient when compared against all of the other rush-down options in 1 on 1 combat? Most of the time.

So nerf the damage all you want, but the issue will never go away entirely until teams aren't one big ball at combat's start. Remove guns from the game and it becomes Blood Spike and Eclair. Remove those from the game it becomes Wretched Oil. So on, and so forth, because everyone is within range to hit simultaneously with AoE attacks.

Messages In This Thread