Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monoclassing support
Senna post_id=38248 time=1573459953 user_id=2036 Wrote:
Not sure if I should add this in balance or not but I am a little tired ANNND I don't wanna forget this thought so.

Monoclassing has been a meme for a while now; it isn't taken seriously due to the fact people can easily use another class and get more and better bonuses. Some turn to gimmicks for sort of success whenever they do so but that can only last for so long. So, this suggestion is to make mono class just as viable as using two different classes.

Quote:Firstly - Technique cost reduction when mono-classing, ranging from 25% to 50% less.

Second - Techniques within the class (Not the passive and innate), scaling (Damage or not) should be one rank higher than normal as long as points were invested into it. (Still allow spirit bonus.)

Reasoning: Focusing mainly on one class instead of two, Its only fair for the player to have a better mastery over the techniques, from improving the overall effectiveness and efficiency. In game sense, it'll set the difference between the two, giving the players a reason to truly think about mono one class or using two classes instead.

Alright. Let me put my textualized or whatever vocals on this screen here. I'd first like to point out that this is a pretty nice idea in concept and all that. Monoclass for more benefit. Questionable in regards of allowing spirit bonuses so you can go +2 points above the typical norm instead of +1 in regards of skills. Although that's a balance catastrophe for later.

I'd primarily like to bring attention to this here. This right here.

[Image: p5jA1ex.png]

This is the primary instance of a skill, even if it's only an innate that promotes or benefits more than just getting four extra skill pool or more of a class bonus. Typically from gear that's questionable to be using compared to many of the other better choices out there. I'd personally prefer to see more stuff to this degree instead but in the vein of how main class skills are. Where you just don't get a skill if not main-classed or get a certain bonus effect if not main classed. Perhaps the same should exist for monoclassing as well?

Certain skills that get enhanced beyond just +1 effective rank level and some less FP. Otherwise, it'll only be a statistically better version of something else already out there. Granted, even Spirituality is the same thing. As it'll be now, I think it'd feel like something along the lines of:

"I can Wretched Oil too but...BETTER AND FOR LESS ENERGY!" as opposed to something like "Heh. Only a true master of the dark arts could do this..." Imagine if being a Mono Tactician made max level Assault Order also give Half the LV to Crit as well due to how well you're able to inspire or order around your soldiers? What if a Monoboxer could have an alternate form of Grandupper that's a toggle where you punch the enemy up and then just drive them into the ground instantly for more damage and partially reduced AoE damage to those around them at the cost of a KD instead of removing them for an entire turn. (Which is debatably stronger most of the time. Probably.) Just a few examples of what i'm rambling on about.

On a mechanical basis, it'll be better. It most definitely will. But it won't feel that difference in the base essence and that's pretty much my one and only issue. Which is more of a nitpick than anything. By all means, any form of weight added into the process of deciding if it's worth to Monoclass beyond doing so is more than welcome to me.

Is this where I say like, +1 or something? (Edit: This should also probably be moved or reposted in Balance Fu. It is a balance related suggestion after all.)

Messages In This Thread