Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodge but didn't
Welptimetomakeamistake.

WELP today I'm making a balance fu with tanks vs Evasive. Why? Because why not.

I've realized evasive builds are slowly being pushed back to a second thought due to the current state of the game. Tanks can now be just as DPS as someone being evasive while STILL being just as safe. Without a few different acceptations like Ghost, Cobra (Whenever it works) and so on, at the moment, going evasive seems like a handicap.

Now! You asked, what's the point of this? Well, I was mainly thinking about a small rework to evasion and how it works! While being evasive is okay in it's own rights, it's still outshine from someone building tankie.

Indeed, everyone has to take damage every now and then but, wouldn't it be strange that someone that barely puts much into skill status, stack a lot of weapon scaling power and now they're able to do +160 damage a hit through evasion against someone that put a good deal of status in Cel and Luc? This is part of the reason why a lot of people switch to the tank route. I'll use the player term "I won't get myself deleted from a fight that fast".

The risk of running evasion build, it doesn't have alot of pay off coming from it. (Unless they're against a only basic attack that doesn't hit stack (Kinda rare))

So here's my suggestion! For this little rework.

If someone is evasive enough, why shouldn't they negate damage the better they are at dodging? Why would little tommy take the same damage little John would take when little Tommy has a lot more evade?

Instead of static 30%, 15%, 0%, why not have it scales from the 'autohit' Hit probability against evasion probability. The armor type also adds to this prob as well, like a cap to how much damage they can truly push off. Pretty much the; How easy can they move can in their armor.

Rough idea: The probability as the reduction value, the higher the chance to evade, the higher the reduction becomes but the lower the chance, the lower the reduction becomes. To reward people who build enough evasion against autohits while punishment people who builds little to no hit.

ROUGH Example AKA not an exact thing, just something to explain it better:
Quote:If the probability is around half, their evasion reduction becomes around 50%. Let's say it's 20% hit ratio? And the evasion has a 80% chance in their favor? If they have something like unarmored equipped, the cap reduction is reduce to something like 70% max, with light armor getting 50% max instead so that's how much they could gain. What if it's 80% hit in the attacker's favor? Then 20% reduction but of course, a minimal cap at like 20%-30%. IF evasion was triggered.

Can even add a cool text to it when someone gains more than half the evasion bonus in a large, bold, red for the extra hype and something for if they gain close to the minimal amount. Like Skillful Evasion and Reckless Evasion.

I'd also suggest, If this does catches eyes in a good way, a little balance bonus. Evasion, if it doesn't already, gain the deplete effect, as well as when use evasion bonuses like disengage, mirage walk and so on to either be half effective or pretty much removable on autohit. This way, it prevents abuse. And for mages? I'd suggest their autohit hit probability (WHEN USING MAGIC), base is somewhat higher than the average since they don't have much way to obtain bonus hit. Like say they get a +20-+30~ bonus.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]

Messages In This Thread