Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial Thoughts about Runemage balance
What you wrote above is a good deconstruction of the class's flaws. Like I said, I was trying to focus mostly on the problems with balance at the moment and constructive ways to fix them moving forward.

The problem most people go with balance discussions regarding rune mage at the moment is that they do a science experiment where they see just how large they can get those numbers no matter how unrealistic the scenario and then roll with that. For a class that's susceptible to silence, positioning, and has no strong defenses to speak of, the idea that you'll ever get those doom-blades out onto the field is kinda silly.

I can definitely see that being a thing that happens in team fights if you have a good team to tackle together the enemy team and you can just sit there forever making mega runes, but it doesn't really happen in PVP fights. And they're hard countered by most rangers or other long ranged builds who can put themselves wherever they want. Which is good because ranger needs more good matchups.

A lot of your opinions are great ones, but they walk into the realm of buffing and re-working rune mage when most people are still reeling about the damage it deals.

And the problem with that argument is that in one moment, runemage can deal an infinite amount of damage. Quite literally, there is no upper level on how much a single all push can do. It just won't really ever do that damage in a real fight.

Messages In This Thread