Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monk and the nature of On-Hits
Running around Sigrogana, I've noticed that a lot of on-hit effects granted by weapons and the like tend to ignore armor, or are flat out unresistable. By that logic, I feel as if Serpent Strikes from monk should be given the same treatment. As it stands right now, Serpent Strikes gives a monk +crit equal to how much Ki they have, while also giving their basic attacks 100% acid attack on hit as magic damage, with no other benefits. It's reduced by both armor and the enemy's Magic Defense, meaning tank characters tend to reduce this damage down to single digits.

I feel like with the onset of on-hit effects being able to ignore armor or be flat out unresistable in some cases, that serpent strikes should get some love, too. Keep it at 100% acid attack but only ignore armor, or reduce it down to 50% but allow it to ignore armor and be unresistable. My personal opinion is that Serpent Strikes should be a monk's way of dealing with characters with high DR, outside of Geldoren's -7 defense/resistance.

Messages In This Thread