Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Razor Rune Idea
My biggest problem with Rune Mage at the current moment is the amount of momentum efficiency that is presented with Razor Rune, where in you can build a super rune and slide it across the map at funky and weird angles to make up for the fact that you're sitting like a duck setting it up, it is 1000% worth it to do this so long as a razor rune is in the mass pile of runes you're toting.

How it currently plays out is setting up as many runes as you can within 2 turns and sliding it towards someone, then it deals like 5 or 6 ticks of 80-100 slash damage all at once when the rune can't actually explode thanks to Chronos Rune. Then the rune mage will use focus tuning afterwards to explode it all anyways after they're finished with it.

You can't really counterplay this thing, if you don't have smasher you're completely fucked already, but say the rune mage packs on smoke for 2 rounds, thats 2 rounds where you are forced to eat tons of damage. The Rune Mage is probably tanky enough to where you can't kill them before they straight kill you. And thats assuming you could even close the gap between you and them.

You can't run away from the thing since the Rune Mage can literally slide it across the map and control it from the other side, and then you run into the conundrum where even if you do run away, what are you going to do to your opponent afterwards?

I feel like pushing a rune through someone and getting tons and tons of damage is unintuitive and unfun to play against, I would love a different effect entirely, if it was at least lingering damage you can solve that with a cleanse pot or by rushing down your opponent.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread