Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daggers need a (probably major) hit buff across the board
Most of them may not be tied to strength scaling, but giving them extra hit wouldn't be giving them more stats than would be fair for their builds. As I mentioned, daggers that want to have any chance of hitting evasive opponents NEED mid 60s skill and luck in order to have even a chance of pulling it off. Additional hit would just help that to actually happen with that much investment, I'm certainly not suggesting a buff to the level that they can get away with only 40s in those stats for example. That would require a pretty asinine amount of hit buffing across the board anyway.

I can agree that void assassin is in a strange place particularly in this situation, being the best class for builds like these but also having surprisingly little actual support for them compared to more mage/generic voidveil abilites. I don't think changing dagger skills is the way forward though. Dagger skills aren't necessarily bad, although I certainly wouldn't call them great either. They sacrifice damage for utility due to the poor scaling of daggers (and sometimes the skills themselves), which is thematically fitting for daggers. Problem is, the only way to improve them to make them a viable option for when daggers inevitably can't hit more evasive opponents is to buff their scaling/damage. This leads to two problems.

1) It leaves daggers feeling arguably less fun and very much similar to martial weapons.
2) It opens up potentially abusive mutation situations as dagger skills would have to have much higher scaling than your average autohits in order to fit the bill of 'backup plan when I can't hit my opponent' due to dagger's lower swa. Otherwise they just inevitably lose the damage race like they currently do when they have to fully rely on autohits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sadbot's post:
  • Perdition

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daggers need a (probably major) hit buff across the board - by sadbot - 07-09-2020, 12:50 AM