Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revisiting Races
Humans could use that, it'd be nice.

Lupine? They had racials? Talk about the most underwhelming of them all. The fact it's so short-ranged for a tiny infliction that still needs to go through a status infliction, and one of those inflicts are just straight out ignored by another race makes me E every time. Tune up that Hunted level to overdrive, I wouldn't care. This would still make them fairly behind the lines when competing with Felidae, Leporidae and Corbie. I wish they had a way to bite enemies for another racial, or maybe passive. Something that exploits the enemy's psychology. If they're hunted or feared, it does something else that's fatal or whatever.

A good idea for Umbrals is making them have more racial inclined towards using Darkness to their favor. Increased Evasion numbers in specific conditions, or just ways to inflict Blind on the enemy. The latter being something very unique that no other race would have easily. (Wyverntouched has this for some reason? Why something like this didn't go to Umbrals, the actual children of night, is strange to me.)

Yo, don't forget Papilions just shoot at their own foot nowadays if they use Invite Insanity due to how the new turn order works. I really think the butterflies should be like Wraithguard. You place them down but they don't take turns, and additionally, a variant for a more fitting status effect for illusionists. 'Confusion'.

Wild Elves are really... fairly pathetic just because they're needlessly niche. We can't have races being too shut-in to their IC lore and throw away the rest of what the game stands for. Sure, turns them unique, but if they have no competitive PvP or PvE value, people will not feel compelled to cripple themselves when they could just take a normal Elf, that has a solid racial benefit and solid stats, and just RP like an Wild Elf. Because that's what's happening nowadays.

Zerans, I remember preaching a lot about how useless 'Armor and Magic Armor' are at giving the impression that they're shrugging off their enemy's damage. First, you don't feel any difference or you're given any signal you're taking less damage, because not only those numbers are tiny, a lot of shit in Sigrogana ignores armor nowadays.
I say make it something at 40 SAN to give them roughly -15 to -20 damage from all sources (like Ensui works). "Crown of Heaven reduces all damage taken by 10 + 2 (per 8 SAN)".
This will definitely make them more frightening to fight on head-to-head combat when that passive mixes with Superiority. I'm pretty sure no one would give a hell, not when Glykin has ways of pseudo-imitating that for a bigger number (20 HP regen at 40 SAN). I feel like the descendants of Zera are long overdue getting more mechanical love. Sucks trying to be someone acting like they're better than others, but fall flat at how underwhelming they can be in combat. If I wanted to live this specific fantasy I'd just make a Vampire and be cocky but die horribly in mechanical combat due to their busted weaknesses.

Mechanation Standard. It could work 'with' Torso, really. How 'it is' right now? That could serve as a small upgrade for what your torso would be, BUT, with the trade-off of 30% water weakness to compensate.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Revisiting Races - by Kameron8 - 07-21-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Lonestar - 07-21-2020, 05:38 AM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Akame - 07-21-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Mr.SmileGod - 07-21-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Autumn - 07-21-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Autumn - 07-25-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Snake - 07-26-2020, 03:35 PM
RE: Revisiting Races - by Neus - 07-30-2020, 08:55 AM