Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you like about PvP?
I enjoy the tactical aspect the most. Like having to actually think and adjust, a bit of RNG for the little extra thrill and Risk/reward management. Also how versatile you can make your characters and thematically fit them to your liking, works very well for many themes. Even if some are always more viable than others is still pretty fun.

The most fun in PvP I had is when I played against people that aren't going for the braindead metabuilds but still make it work. Playing against people Like Kameron where you need to think thrice before doing something and he still has his chars versatile enough to turn this into some sort of 3d chess where one wrong move is basically deciding the game is super entertaining. Never feels unfair and always rewarding when something works. Nothing feels better than a strategically placed Ice point that turns the entire follow of the battle in your favour.

I feel nowadays we moved away from this alot unfortunately, having many skills far less "Tactical" and far more handholding and braindead easy. It feels like Certain meta Setups are muuuuch more important than actual good tactics 95% of the time. It wasn't always like this. I blame Autohits having become way too common and strong/lack of counterplay for one whole archetype.
On the contrary, I also super enjoy playing with a "Underdog" set up and win with strategy and versatility against the so called "Meta-cookie-cutter"-builds, also feels pretty rewarding, but hard to pull off and sometimes feels cheap. 

Probably why I while always favour basic attack classes over the Autohit classes...They just feel funner to play and more flashy. Sidecut being still one of the best moves in the game kinda shows that we do not always need the most flashy and complicated things with 500 effects tied to it...Sometimes its the simple things that are fun.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Akame, Miller

Messages In This Thread
What do you like about PvP? - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-25-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Sawrock - 08-25-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Perdition - 08-25-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Mr.SmileGod - 08-26-2020, 03:37 AM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by WaifuApple - 08-26-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Shujin - 08-29-2020, 02:52 PM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Akame - 08-29-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: What do you like about PvP? - by Balor - 08-30-2020, 02:54 AM