Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Skill points vs Skill Slots
(09-02-2020, 11:04 PM)Maksimum_Fire Wrote: Honestly, I've never felt all that limited in skill pool, even on DH, a high skill-pool cost class(to my understanding?) that ran zero skill and zero guile- and no tome.  Anecdotal, and I also just accepted that I couldn't have some of the options available to the classes I had- but regardless, I feel like it's really not that imposing.

It's not the same topic as skill point allocation, but I see it in a similar light.  You lose some options, you gain some others.  I don't think this is any sort of urgent change.

That said, it'd certainly make a more new-player friendly experience, due to making it much easier to build these high-skill pool cost classes.  So while I personally don't think it's all that necessary, and could encourage the skill-pool-less gouge builds that are already popular- it provides ease of access to new players, and I wouldn't disapprove of that I guess.

While it is true that you are not supposed to have everything, but that is already stopped by having a limited amount of class level and Skill Points. Placing another barrier from having your skills of choice sounds incredibly contradictory when some classes are getting Skill Points adjustments. You'll get everything you want, but you won't be able to use everything you have, which doesn't provoke any other feeling that frustration for most people.

Some classes just have alot of passive skills that need a Skill Slot and often times they're incredibly good ones, making you lose either another good passive or more offensive power. Unfortunately, even if your build is a pure autohit SWA gouge unga or a normal basic hitting build, you won't have everything that you built for because the stats used for extra Skill Slots are extremely situational for certain builds. You will hardly use WIL or GUI in a basic hitting build unless your weapon scales off from that or your stat spread is not that bad.

The example Spoops provided above about the new Black Knight summarizes the problem that had been occouring since Boxer's SP rework and Verglas' class rework. I would really like to see a change in regards to that, because if there is none, then it beats the point reducing the SP amount for those skills if you can't use them anyways.

Messages In This Thread
Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Autumn - 09-02-2020, 07:19 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Mr.SmileGod - 09-02-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Autumn - 09-02-2020, 08:22 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Lonestar - 09-03-2020, 03:14 AM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Kameron8 - 09-03-2020, 06:53 AM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Sawrock - 09-03-2020, 06:40 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Kameron8 - 09-04-2020, 01:30 AM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Mr.SmileGod - 09-03-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Balor - 09-05-2020, 03:13 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Autumn - 09-05-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: Skill points vs Skill Slots - by Mr.SmileGod - 09-05-2020, 07:51 PM