Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two turn r us
I did mention a few times in various places that a more static turn order would make things less problematic for the exact reasons mentioned here, honestly. The alternating turns help on occasion, but it ultimately means that your team moving first makes it more difficult to win.

To put it simply, if the faster team takes down an opponent, the slower team will suddenly become the faster team next turn, with the now faster team only losing their advantage if they successfully take down 2 opponents now. Inversely, if the slower team takes down an opponent, the faster team will remain faster. So, effectively, the faster team is being punished for winning, while the slower team isn't.

Just to add to the original post... The main issues with the way turn order is currently handled, in my opinion, are simply this:

1. It makes being faster a decidedly worse option in team fights or as specific classes, and something one should actively avoid if they intend for their character to be as powerful as possible. I have mentioned this in the past, but there were a handful of occasions where simply having Auto-Summon taken off, or building for defense and resistance rather than evade so I could be slower than my opponent, would have kept me from losing more than half of my HP, simply because I would have had an opportunity to move or retaliate against someone in a 1v1 or even a team fight at times.

2. It makes turn order more difficult to grasp than it really should be. There have been a number of people asking questions about the turn order system, and there are still some things that people don't understand about it on occasion and ask about it on Discord or in-game. For a simple system that could be crucial to surviving in a fight, it probably shouldn't require numerous questions or constantly thinking about how it'll shift for people to figure out what's going on.

3. It makes things frustrating at times. Taking down a tough opponent on your team, only to then get blasted by an attack from someone that's close to you that you would have been able to avoid if the turn order didn't change, makes it pretty annoying, especially since now you're out of the fight for doing something that brings you closer to the end goal of your team. For that matter, while I'm sure this isn't intended, it actively discourages people from making use of bots or summoning youkai if they're faster, since doing so very quickly leads to them being able to focus on you and deal a lot of damage before you can defend yourself.

As a result, at least in my opinion, I think it would be better if the turn order that was decided on at the start of a fight was the turn order that stayed throughout it, as the original post mentioned, simply skipping over whoever was KO'd instead and adding any extra units to the end of the turn order so it doesn't disrupt anyone else.
While that would bring back multiple people on the same team moving before the opponent, potentially, multiple people moving after the opponent doesn't solve that issue much. It would only happen after someone was KO'd, as well, and it'd likely be preferable to slower teams gaining an edge over faster ones for no real reason.

TL;DR - Turn order definitely needs to change around less than it does right now. The way it is now is confusing, frustrating and provides more reason to simply make a tanky character over an evasive one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SolAndLuna's post:
  • Miller

Messages In This Thread
Two turn r us - by Senna - 09-05-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Two turn r us - by SolAndLuna - 09-06-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Two turn r us - by Maksimum_Fire - 09-06-2020, 02:16 AM
RE: Two turn r us - by Autumn - 09-06-2020, 02:51 AM
RE: Two turn r us - by Maksimum_Fire - 09-06-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Two turn r us - by Autumn - 09-06-2020, 05:28 AM
RE: Two turn r us - by FatherCrixius - 09-06-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: Two turn r us - by Maksimum_Fire - 09-06-2020, 05:28 PM
RE: Two turn r us - by Autumn - 09-06-2020, 06:04 PM