Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Opinions on the current state of GMs
Okay, so I have seen a topic like this fluttering by in a few of the social circles of this game, and knowing how the community can be with it's tendancy to keep problems like this to itself, at least until someone makes a push and expresses it exists in the first place, I figured I'd make a thread on this in the hopes that people with thoughts and opinions on this topic will come forth so that we can do as people have hoped to do with other opinion posts - and make the game a better one for everyone.

Now, I would like to express this in the most clear terms to people. I do not think the GMs are bad people, and I do not want this post to turn into a swarm of people slandering them or anything like that. This post solely exists in hopes that we can improve things even further for the community. As such, please be respectful in your thoughts and opinions. We are talking about real, human people here.

That disclaimer aside, though... I'll start with some of my thoughts at current:

- Truth be told, since Walrus stepped down there has been a lack of GMs that truly represent this community properly. It is especially rare that I see a GM actually play the game or interact much with the wider community as of recent. Now, I don't think that anyone needs to dedicate themselves to doing something they don't want to, but I will request: In addition to the current GM team, I believe we need more people representative of the current community. Of course, they still need to be trustworthy so I'm not sure what I'd suggest here.

- I'm noting that people are expressing that there is what seems to be a lack of transparency from the current team. I don't want to start an argument over whether there is or isn't, but a sense of openness is obviously lacking in the eyes of so many people, and as such, I'm sure people would like to see verdicts be made more openly, in a way that allows people to know what has been done wrong, and have chances to dispute it more easily. This extends to more than just the person being punished - the community itself deserves to be in the loop. It makes it hard to dispute things if they're entirely vague.

- It can sometimes feel like the GM team is slow... and that's not really their fault at all. There are four of them, each with different other callings, and they're doing this all for free, so it's kind of a thankless task. This probably ties in loosely with my first point, in that, not only do I think we don't have enough GMs representitive of the community... but that I just don't think we have enough, period. There are times where there are just none around, which can be a critical issue in certain situations. And so, I think we need some new blood to help get the gears working more. (Again, I can't off the top of my head pose suggestions to you, I've identified a problem, not a solution...)

Now, I must once more make clear. I am not calling into question any specific GM's conduct. I am not going to point a finger and say "You should be a GM" or "You shouldn't be a GM". It would be ideal if others strayed away from such singling out if they can, too. I like the GM team, really. You might not. I just think there need to be MORE, taken from the community.

I leave thoughts to anyone else on this matter. Please be civil here, because I'm sure that'll be an important distinction between getting this post heard and just getting it locked for potential toxicity.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 5 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Akame, Balor, Cerrik, Kiss, Noxid

Messages In This Thread
Opinions on the current state of GMs - by WaifuApple - 11-12-2020, 02:12 AM
RE: Opinions on the current state of GMs - by GSM - 11-12-2020, 02:50 AM