Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Opinions on the current state of GMs
Real talk?

I feel like the community(blanket statement, I've had this problem before too) needs to be more forthcoming with GMs.  We're aware of how tough it is to just stake locations/players out or otherwise independently detect issues for GMs, though bless them for how well they can do at that.

And also, does the community deserve to be in the loop?

When the community is loop on why a ban is coming up, it turns into a game of fingerpointing where large swathes of people who either have some bias in the situation (my buddy is involved!) or aren't familiar with why rules need to be consistently enforced jump on people who report incidents in and out of game.

Every time I've worked with the GM team, they've been crystal clear with me and I appreciate them for it; all I had to do was slide into some DMs and have a good chat.  Sure, I don't get to hear the juicy details about whatever new things the GMs are handling, but that's not my business and I'm fine with that.  Forcing an open dialogue on every decision GMs make just makes it more difficult for them to do their job.

TL;DR; in this case, I think it's important that we, as a playerbase, build a better relationship with the GMs from our side, make what we're looking for and wanting known, and report incidents w/out bias- even non-rule-breaking scenarios, if something seems not-so-good, giving a GM a heads up can keep something from spiraling out of control.

A reminder of our failure to communicate:

Firespitters.

EDIT: As a follow up, I do want to mention Drezdin's comment about logging new chat. The fact new chat still isn't loggable means it's essentially mandatory to use old chat if you need to report any incidents on server; This really is a fix that needs to come through soon, I will agree. But I don't think that's necessarily a GM problem.
[-] The following 8 users Like Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Cerrik, Dystopia, Fern, GSM, Lewdcifer, Miller, Rexan, WaifuApple

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on the current state of GMs - by GSM - 11-12-2020, 02:50 AM
RE: Opinions on the current state of GMs - by Maksimum_Fire - 11-12-2020, 03:00 AM