Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Opinions on the current state of GMs
I won't have my points invalidated by a Strawman Argument. @Kit. Or broad statements deriding my suggestions as less than decent with remarks like "I'd like to see decent suggestions."  I will be frank and curt here from now on.  As such I will outline my points as simply and objectively as possible, so that my reasons for them may not be misunderstood.

- The Option to publicly report, should exist.  This is not a debatable fact, but a standardized practice. If someone is harassed, then those who harassed them should also be banned. This is not a debatable opinion but a matter of fact.
- Logs are indisputably necessary for the player.  Yes we can use Old Chat, however even just allowing us to log text with the more commonly used New Chat, is more than acceptable and should be considered. Mandatory for logs of reports.
- Having spoken to two people who were recently banned, they had received no communication with GM's since last year. One in December, and one in August. Respectably.  A failure to produce logs and evidence of their wrongdoings led those who were banned in an uncertain situation.  Even to the point that one of the people who had reported one of them, felt the process of banning the accused was Messy and disingenuous.
- As such it is why I suggest that logs of wrongdoings be MADE AVAILABLE to the ACCUSED if requested. Not to the public should the public report option not be taken, but to the accused. This is a standard practice, and what is shared should be up to the Discretion of the GM. 
- Almost two weeks to reply to a ban, that you by virtue agree they had all the evidence ready for, is unacceptable for any staff, regardless of the decision.
- GM's are people, but so are the members of the community.  The fact that people feel the need to defend the Staff from reasonable critique is a problem, we have every right to voice our opinions and be given options as to how we police ourselves. We deserve fair and just treatment as much as the GM's do. 

There is clearly a problem, and while I am on usually good terms with members of the Staff, the system is not above criticism, and the points I made are not to attack staff or dehumanize them. But to put forth the idea of reforming the system. There are no committees of friends or lawyers coming after them for a ban. There are no attacks being leveraged against them, and the GM's are not small children in need of protection.

They are adults as we are, working with a flawed system that breeds these problems. And while you might not have experienced them. Judging by the responses in this thread?  Enough people have that it merits the attention of those above.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Balor's post:
  • jintheblue, Mewni, Noxid, SevenHaven, Snake, WaifuApple

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on the current state of GMs - by GSM - 11-12-2020, 02:50 AM
RE: Opinions on the current state of GMs - by Balor - 11-12-2020, 06:16 AM