Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban
(11-13-2020, 06:43 PM)Jupiter_Storm Wrote: All the drama and fallout aside from this thread which has been a very entertaining read, I would like to applaud all the Staff here for stepping forward and putting a lot of stuff out in the open. Regardless of SevenHaven's wishes initially (and I'm very sorry you lost a friend over this)... I would also like to agree that a GM further investigating somebody's behavior as a result of a report they receive is pretty spot-on actually - regardless of whether Dyst was asked to or not - and it seems like this person actually dug their own grave without your report - it just hadn't been properly noticed up to this point.

I have often been a big advocate of 'burn the GM flags' for my sins, but seeing this actually puts me a bit more on the fence. I think we should look past some aspects of this that were "mishandled" (and Dyst put her hands up about that anyway which is very honest and again great to see) and consider them to be growing pains for this new era of better community engagement. I'm also very excited about Balthie's intentions to put up a thread with a bit of insight into how things work.

We've also seen evidence that all the GMs were communicating with other about this and were all aware of the situation. And finally to re-state the fact, it's great to see stuff like this out in the open. It's another positive step in addition to the public app boards.

For what it's worth. Good job.

I agree. There is indeed significant evidence the GMs were communicating, and I'm happy that a lot of this was brought to light. But the fact that it took this much for a simple act of transparency is why I encourage it to be a more streamlined, open process. 

Hopefully Balthie's post does it justice. I hope for the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SevenHaven's post:
  • Jupiter_Storm

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban - by SevenHaven - 11-13-2020, 07:14 PM