Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evade fallacy
Evasion and other % chance based effects have been a tumor festering inside SL2 for way, way too long. At the very least, the current implementation has and will continue to grossly favor those that are able to consistently mitigate damage rather than those that occasionally negate damage. ESPECIALLY when occasionally negating damage takes more stat investment.

I don't think the suggested solution here is the right fix, but we should seriously have a dialogue about the state of evade and how cancerous it will be for the future of the game. Seriously. All this design space taken up by a diceroll 'pray to not die' system that doesn't even fulfill the power-fantasy it sets out to represent. I can't even be a hyper-evasive squishy glass-cannon (what evasion seems to be going for!!) because I quite simply can't evade shit but other poor bastards who got tricked into thinking basic attacks were a good build and did less math than me to stack my number higher than their number. It's stupid and I don't like it. Dev pls fix.

Messages In This Thread
The Evade fallacy - by Perdition - 11-27-2020, 04:25 AM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by Sawrock - 11-27-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by Perdition - 11-27-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by Syeburn - 11-28-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by Snake - 11-28-2020, 09:56 AM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by Syeburn - 11-28-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: The Evade fallacy - by FatherCrixius - 11-28-2020, 07:33 PM