Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Draft - Reorganized & Updated Rules
(11-30-2020, 02:09 AM)Snake Wrote: The best way to add on to this rule's clarification is by using the word 'ill intent' or 'OOC abuse'. The context of the situation can easily be brought up with a GM, perhaps. There will be courteous people who will understand the spirit of this rule, but there will be others who will attempt to play smart and say 'so it is written'.

In which if it happens, I'll have hard doubts on why they're even being RPed with, if they lack the basic common sense etiquette when playing a character.

Alas, I do find weird if I'm grinding a villain OOCly and someone just pops up like "ay yo, get your LV10 ass up, it's ready for whippin'. Which in the end contributes to people shying away from the position, since by default SL2 gives way too much credit to the good guys.

I agree that a good clarification would be nice. Something akin to "If you start a scene as an antag, or instigate conflict. You must see through the scene until it has ended, or both parties OOCly agree to a pause." Simply to discourage people from antagonizing others, doing PVP, and then dipping like "I have work in the morning."

Since this seems to be the intent of the rule.

Apart from that nothing here seems much different than what we've seen in prior iterations bar a few reworded cases to be more firm. I'd have liked if any use of the word 'May' was removed from conflict rules, as I feel you either consent to an altercation or you don't. But that's me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Balor's post:
  • Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Draft - Reorganized & Updated Rules - by Balor - 11-30-2020, 02:50 AM