Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Talent: Heavy Armor Mastery
I concur that if this is implimented, it should not be strictly related to Black Knight. That wasn't my idea when I suggested it. Although it was to promote more Black Knight and physically resistant characters.
  • Black Knights already get a +DEF innate skill.
  • Black Knights already get two skills related to reducing physical damage based on DEF and Heavy Armor.

No offense Chaos, but saying, "they can switch to Black Knight any time they want to tank while wearing heavy armor" pretty much refutes the entire suggestion because regardless of the number of classes, they can do that anyway by simply switching armors and classes prior to battle. I just wanted to point that out.

On that notion, for other classes, some of them get bonuses for not wearing heavy armor, and if they do wear it, they trade off those bonuses for these, so in a way it benefits everyone.
  • Evokers lose out on Evocation and Arcane Tattoo which provide more damage to their spells and reduce the cost of one of them by either 25% or 40%.
  • Ghosts will not be able to use Wraithguard.
  • Martial Artists lose their Protection from Arrows.
  • Kensei will be unable to regenerate FP through Channel Spirit.

But for those losses, you gain a decent physical defense trade off.
  • Summoners can provide more defense by Installing Drowned Woman on top of this talent.
  • Black Knights more than obviously get bonuses in general and provide up to 5% more of a chance at Stalemate.
  • Ghosts get to stack the talent's DEF on top of Pain Proof.
  • Zerans benefit from Crown of Heaven.
  • Lupine benefit from Instinct.
  • Anyone wearing Ogata's Waraji will have better physical resistances, and in turn this is balance out against some magic resistance.
  • [strike]Battle Mages[/strike].

These are all just small examples of what potential could be done to benefit all classes in this way. I see your point, and Iron Wall would benefit like this a lot, but it focuses more on your equipment for everyone than just a single class. In the OP I suggested nothing was set in stone, so it's very plausible for your turn on the talent to be implemented instead of mine. In fact I like the sound of yours better since mine was a spur of the moment idea I didn't want to waste.

Although, if it's too much, you can have it count as an item bonus, since those cap at a certain amount, and the talent is focused on wearing a specific type of item.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!

Messages In This Thread