Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Damage Rework] Damage Splitting
Instead of giving each armour type numerical weaknesses to X or Y, why not establish what each armour type is meant to do; Because right now? It's what flavour of DR you want, and one is significantly shittier than alternatives.

If combat could have better designed roles, IE not have doom walls moving 20 tiles in a round, and attribute certain exclusive options to each category, there wouldn't be any need to maintain the tanking gap between armour types or playstyles. These numerical shifts, yes while easier, do not make the game any more strategic- and serve as a bandaid fix to an issue of viability and resource abundance. Kiting on an over BW doomwall is entirely feasible, as is magical damage on a kensei with long-forgotten potions. Same exact issue league of legends had, where everyone can do everything lest they fall out of meta. As it stands, I forsee Dev will continue to add DR-ignoring forms of damage or True damage as a means to "counteract" this tank unfavourability.

Limiting the damage types from each class, however, I am all on board- Albeit more strictly on certain classes. The ability to decide what damage type is one of the many reasons why one defensive stat builds (Def Or Res) suck so much ass right now, and hampers options greatly. The few classes that are exclusively magical or exclusively physical are the old, worn down classes or classes that excel to the point of needing a specific counter, And I foresee it helping the above point of limitations.

Messages In This Thread
[Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by Autumn - 12-01-2020, 05:32 AM
RE: [Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by Sawrock - 12-01-2020, 06:33 AM
RE: [Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by Shujin - 12-01-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: [Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by Balor - 12-01-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: [Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by FatherCrixius - 12-02-2020, 04:04 PM
RE: [Damage Rework] Damage Splitting - by Snake - 12-18-2020, 04:59 PM