Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, with some touches here and there
63.33%
19 63.33%
No, not at all
10.00%
3 10.00%
I think something else could be done
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks
@Fern

Quote:The "unlucky positioning" example already takes place in the current group fights, except that instead of exploding to basics, you normally explode to either a group of magic damage or autohitters. I believe this will be a thing regardless of what Dev does, since it's not just a SL2 thing in my eyes - it's a strategy RPG game thing in general. This sort of thing can happen in Fire Emblem and the like too.
Oh no, I wasn't trying to say that this DOESN'T happen already. I am saying that this would become even more frequent and I absolutely disagree with the strategy aspect for one single reason....Turn order.
A game like fire emblem has absolutely predictable turn orders, SL2? Is Random. You can not plan around, or hope for your Cel to keep you in a position where you CAN plan. 

Just yesterday I fought with Atlas in a teamfight, who has absolutely no Cel. Once his partner died, his turn order shifted to above both of us, making him double turn (and he also had Seiryuu out). Like how can you plan ahead for that? Now imagine that happens with someone who is a basic attacker who gets the new "Global Fleur" basically being worth a tripple turn. Now imagine we do what Balor says and instead of nerfing Vulcanic, buff other enchants to that level (meaning you can technically prog that kind of stuff 4 times in the row, 1 for each enchant per weaon).  You would nuke the whole team with no counter play, cause of the wide range of Vulcanic (and whatever other enchant of similar level).
That is not a crutch. That is cheap. That has nothing to do with a tactical strategy game either.

However I do understand why global fleur has the appeal...How often have I tried to make a bit more unique basic attacker, just to realize that its just not viable if you can't atleast tripple attack in a turn.
I just think that stuff needs to be kept in mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks - by Shujin - 12-03-2020, 06:30 AM