Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, with some touches here and there
63.33%
19 63.33%
No, not at all
10.00%
3 10.00%
I think something else could be done
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks
The addition of a global fleur / three actions for basics hits would frankly be mostly a positive edition in my eyes, while I'd prefer the existence of basic hitting support flavored for each class; I have personal issues with the current existing ones that I won't get into.

Basic attacks could be looked at as a whole rather than basic hitting duelists being underperforming or overperforming and in turn, be balanced appropriately as such. This will not fix basic attacks by any means however, as pointed out by Drezdin; Volcanic is a crutch to punch through huge DR walls with actual consistency compared to vorpal.  Multiple class combos would also open up in which otherwise, they would be impossible due to a lack of an actual action economy: (IE: Any Martial Artist basic hitting combo ever)

The main outlier problems in regards to this becoming a chance would be the existence of pseudo fleurs such as Twin Dance and Bloody Shift, the former being more so of an issue if the 'default critical momentum' for each weapon is 2, while the latter is a slighter issue in comparison in my eyes. If a global fleur would be implemented, it should likely operate similarly to how fleur currently works, otherwise we'd see it getting out of hand with the right combos.

With all that said
hell yeah it'll be cool, I could finally use verglas basics without shooting myself in the head and picking ghost MC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • Akame

Messages In This Thread
RE: ["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks - by Miller - 12-07-2020, 04:26 AM