Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Textbox Update
It's a small suggestion for a big boost in quality of life.  The textbox we use to type in-game is very cumbersome to navigate due to being a single line window.  If it could be increased in size, adjustable in size, have a scrollbar, or all of the previous ideas would be awesome.

I wanted to keep the primary suggestion on the top line so I'm putting the specific gripes below this so a more informed design can be derived.

1) To scroll through the single line textbox, we primarily have to click and drag backwards through the window and release at roughly the right spot.  You have to time the release to get the right spot which is obviously not ideal.

2) If you typed a long post and wish to review it, you have to copy and paste the whole thing into a new window and review it there.  Fixing a typo is a pain because of gripe #1

3) There's an alternative that people use where they type and enter "emote" to pull up a large textbox to work off of, however few people know about it (I forgot it existed until I talked about this issue with someone).  The big textbox also does not automatically indicate you are typing unless you manually press the speech bubble button.  That is roughly three extra steps to work through for every time you want to type with a large enough textbox.

So that's all I have!  Extra quality of life is always welcome and I know many likely detest gripe #1 alone.  Gripe #3 isn't a valid enough solution due to the extra steps.
[-] The following 8 users Like Cerrik's post:
  • Akame, Autumn, Fern, Lewdcifer, Miller, RoboCat, Shujin, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Textbox Update - by Cerrik - 12-16-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: Textbox Update - by Turadis - 12-16-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: Textbox Update - by RoboCat - 12-17-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Textbox Update - by MakeshiftWalrus - 12-17-2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Textbox Update - by Syeburn - 12-17-2020, 01:41 AM
RE: Textbox Update - by Snake - 12-17-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Textbox Update - by Shujin - 12-19-2020, 12:47 PM