Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arbalest Rework (And things I'd like to see from it)
(02-03-2021, 06:33 PM)Snake Wrote: I wish Arbalest had more emphasis on physical durability and being immovable, because that's the only power fantasy that's embedded into the class's theme that I can't live without Black Knight as a crutch.

Their offensive naturally is OP enough thanks to Buster Cannon anyway, and how bows have such an absurd hit rate.

I just wanna be that guy with a huge bow who takes a sword strike to the gut, it leaves a mark on their plating, then he points that unorthodox BIG weapon your way, throws a wink then BAM. Only your smoking ankles and boots are left on the ground. It's what I'd imagine from an Arbalest's theme.

One of the core identities of Bows are their hit and critical rate so I wouldn't want that to disappear much, I do generally agree with many of the points in this thread that if Arbalest does see a rework, Buster Cannon needs to be toned down pretty harshly, while hopefully still keeping its core mechanic which is busting tanks as the tin says.

I also agree that an arbalest should be another one of those physically bulky classes, as long as nothing like Stalemate sneaks its way into the class I don't forsee it overshadowing Black Knight quite as much either, some way to just make themselves completely immovable is also a very good idea, hell I'd even argue a passive to do it is actually not even a bad idea.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arbalest Rework (And things I'd like to see from it) - by Autumn - 02-03-2021, 07:03 PM