Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Critique of the OOC Room
Pretty much as you put it, and no this isn't a post to flair a topical signature.

I think a key point that goes unspoken is that the corner is branded in a really dismissive and demeaning way that people who want to just hop on and mess around feel vilified for 'detracting from RP'- defeating the spirit of the game. The corner being so far out of the way certainly does not help that, and players should not feel obligated into contributing to scenes that they want no part in. If the OOC corner becomes more pressured, as in the rest of the world becomes more IC exclusive, the corner needs to become more accessible and the players to take the game more sincerely.

OOC Shenanigans in public places largely happened due to the complete apathy the OOC corner received, I would argue it increased with it's introduction, and to be completely honest? I can only presume that it's because it is almost purposefully inconvenient, and coming from a perspective that they do not accept; It is both a cultural issue and a mechanical one.
[-] The following 4 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Balor, Eldwitch, Illumi, Kazzy

Messages In This Thread
A Critique of the OOC Room - by MakeshiftWalrus - 02-25-2021, 06:39 AM
RE: A Critique of the OOC Room - by FatherCrixius - 02-25-2021, 07:48 AM
RE: A Critique of the OOC Room - by Xaertis - 02-25-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: A Critique of the OOC Room - by Snake - 02-26-2021, 12:45 AM