Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unstoppable Lightning damage (ft. zero counterplay)
I'm going to chime in here and say that I personally think Kam is right.

Right now our only sources of lightning resistance on items are
Raijin (10%) (Weapon)
Conduiz (5%) (Metal Material)
Sunderthread (5%) (Cloth Material)
Rubber(5%) (Cloth Material)
Insulated Hilt(5%) (Hilt Weapon Slot)
Beldam Aegis (30%) (Hand)
Cloak of Many Colors (8%-15%) (Torso)

There's a distinct lack of accessories and foot torso to build elemental resistance against said element, compared to other elements which have both a leg equipment and accessory that provides up to 30% in said resistance. (Looking at you Earth/Water/Dark)

I do also think that splash is partially the reason why lightning set ups are so powerful in a vacuum, it applies a debuff for 1m which can easily make up your momentum deficient the moment you hit a weakness.

Overall my thoughts are
1) Add an accessory and/or legging that provides up to 30% lightning resist. (Rubber Boots for leg or Lightning Rod for accessory)
2) Change Idol so it can't bring your base elemental resistance below 0% in PVP and lower the effectiveness of Soaked slightly in regards to Lightning Weakness.
3) Lightning Magic is meant to have powerful burst damage in my opinion, if there were to be any changes to Lightning Crits themselves; it should be a tax more so towards mages than builds utilizing swift elemental impacts. Mages have easy access to Redgull which is a powerful buff on its own for increasing L.Crit damage.
[-] The following 6 users Like Miller's post:
  • Akame, Fern, Ham, K Peculier, Maksimum_Fire, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unstoppable Lightning damage (ft. zero counterplay) - by Miller - 03-29-2021, 08:08 PM