Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mono-Classing, Smell of the Game Edition
Lightbulb 
So, while stuck in studying hell and brain-storming hell for the new class conceptualizations, I realized... Specialization or whatever trait is kinda good and all but... Monoclassing is kinda underwhelming?

When I think of a mono-classer with a shit ton of SP, I think of someone who completely mastered the art of the class. So... Why not give them a Mono-Class exclusive Skill? We already have Main-Class exclusives. So how about something like a big finisher? Something like Ashe's totally not Judgement Cut End, but with the element you use? It would need some tweaking and balancing ofcourse, fucking imagine cinder tiles everywhere... yeeesh.

But yea, could even do that for the base classes too to give people more reason to play more than just the promos, a Monoclass only skill for Soldier could do wonders for Trainee-Knight characters or something?, but that's my own personal bias and desire to start out RPing a character with their base and not sub-class promo. Also would be cool to see bosses do cool shit like that too, not fair for only Ashe to have anime moments.

Anyways, some ideas can be: for Duelist, Eclairn't- or something straight out of a fighting game like a Cancel (but that sounds crazy op now that I think about it) or some sort of 'combo' much like how ST gets to blow up their weapon but gets to combo with their stolen spells, for Kensei, the Ashe thing maybe. for Ghost, something like Susanoo a 'fuck off, no' thing that isn't Ether Invitation, etc. I didn't have my tea yet so I'm running out of idea juice.
[Image: Elhe3rK.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Ham's post:
  • Aqua, Blissey, Deja Vu, DerpyMcPandos, Dystopia

Messages In This Thread
Mono-Classing, Smell of the Game Edition - by Ham - 04-04-2021, 06:49 PM