Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQ] Dormeho Remap
Okay, so after that feedback I took what I could on board, in order to upgrade the map further (though I didn't take on tasks that would change the map size or require a full restart, like making the dock more shaped to the land - the last one was an anchor, and that was fine in lore, so I'd argue that this can't hurt in comparison, anyway. It follows the land a little more than current Dormeho.)

So, without further ado, the changes I've made were:

- The market area was expanded a little. That little tuft of grass and the path that went to the side of it is now gone. The market takes up the entire expanse of that space. It's not a full, dedicated section like desired, but it's a compromise without requiring another map - because, of course, that would make a beast raid here honestly not that great. And after response to Tannis, that's probably best avoided, in a gameplay sense. I did, however, add player stalls in the market, too! Now you can sell things there too.

- The player housing was adjusted. It was given a more cluttered feel, and nothing perfectly lines up anymore. The paths wind through the right side a lot rougher, to give the feeling of a less defined area. Scattering stuff around would have inevitably required a lot of updates to the map, so I stuck to what I had and tried to make that better, instead. I hope that's a suitable enough change in the end.

- The stairs were replaced with ramps in all but two cases. One for the stairs down into the district, and one for the stairs down into the little park area. These were deemed to be areas that would not reasonably see port traffic, since a park area wouldn't have workers hauling carts through it, and the paths are now too winding for it to be a suitable travel route. The ramps might not look as good as they could, because I had to make them myself - but they help suit the needs a bit more.

Not suggested, but adjusted anyway, was the grass. I gave it some tile variation, so it looks a little less same-y. I took inspiration from the coastal cove map in that sense. I think it does make the grass look a little better!

I'll provide a general image that shows the changes in action. These adjustments were made for both the main area and the side district, but the picture of the main area should show the general gist of what has changed.

[Image: DormV4.PNG]

Also added to both maps are markers on walls. They're not meant to be used for anything in game, but it was suggested that you be able to jump down to make beast hunting easier, and those identify spots I think would be great for the jump mechanic, so I'm hoping it's possible to get that for this map.

I've updated the file I gave with all these changes, but just in case I'm uploading it with this post, too.

.zip   DormehoRemap.zip (Size: 138.23 KB / Downloads: 217)
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Blissey

Messages In This Thread
[REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-14-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by Neus - 04-15-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-16-2021, 01:52 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by MakeshiftWalrus - 04-17-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by JamOfBoy - 04-18-2021, 01:17 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-18-2021, 02:04 AM
Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 05-26-2021, 03:29 AM