Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me bite you real quick
I can't believe I'm making a thread like this...Well damn.
As much as I hate to say it, after actually testing a vampire that ISN'T fastens on the test server, I learned that vampires are quite bad. Why is that? Comparing the other races, they struggle to even use their own racial without facing many struggles. 

As they are now, they're just humans lite.

In this game current era? Damage is quite high. It's a death wish to end your turn literally right next to your foe unless you're running Narcus. This applies in both PVE AND PvP...Which is really bad.

You know you're down bad when PvE is kicking your ass too...

So, what's the problem with vampires? Their kit is somewhat lackluster and struggles to synergize with each other. To use their passive, they have to put themselves in danger and due to banquet changes (It doesn't help if the person is a mage or any other class that isn't a duelist), individuals NEEDS to be stacking hit to even land a bite if their target isn't a tank.

Vampires suffer three problems.
  • The lack of options to constantly gain more essence.
  • The racial being quite hard to activate without the risk of taking a large amount of damage as well as how easy it is to run out.
  • The racial either doesn't do enough or uses too much essence to operate.

Suggestions?

Allowing vampiric effects/Life steal/FP stealing effects to restore essences based on healing/Stealing. This effect doubles with Life drain. If they have the fasten trait, this effect is negated. Allowing some effect that lets Banquet easier for people that aren't duelist to use. (Or just make it a autohit)

Two traits

Full-fledged vampire: Sanguine Crest will always be active however they get +10%(?) more holy damage. In the nighttime, essence usage is cut in half. (Needs 30 san)

Energized Vampire: If Sanguine Crest is active and the vampire has full essence, if they try to use Life drain or Banquet again, it grants a status called Blood Rush which lasts for 3-5 rounds. This doubles the effect for Sanguine Crest and dismisses the essence drain for Lunar Lunatism during its duration. (Needs 30 san)

Fasten

I would suggest allowing Graymist's healing to be player level x2 considering how little it's healing already...As well as other racial that is in the game that heals similar to the suggested for a lesser cool down.

One trait

Blood Reminder: When Greymist was used, they gained a status called Blood reminder. The fasten vampire, for 3-5 turns gains access to Lunar Lunatism. Instead of San, it will scale with half character's level. The drawback? If Lunar Lunatism was used, the vampire gains a temporary holy weakness that's half effective. (Requires Fasten)

Of course, these suggestions/Balancing suggestions won't exactly make vampires top tier but instead, allow them to work hand in hand with their kit a bit better...ESPECIALLY vampires that build SAN that isn't duelist.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Senna's post:
  • Akame, Deja Vu, HaTeD, Imotepchief, Perdition

Messages In This Thread
Let me bite you real quick - by Senna - 04-30-2021, 02:46 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Perdition - 04-30-2021, 11:47 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 04-30-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by HaTeD - 05-29-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 05-30-2021, 12:46 AM