Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me bite you real quick
Another one has finally seen the truth.

I've written about vampires many times so I won't really say much other than lightly expand on their problems:

Racials use SAN for scaling, however, vampires are now encouraged to basic attack with Banquet being required for most of their race benefits. This is a problem because most of the time trying to both have a decent amount of SAN and basic attack is just impossible. The only time this really ends up working is with Redtail and Corbie, but these races get hit (and in the case of the former, choice of crit, evade, crit evade, even status inflict/resist etc) that scales with their SAN investment. Making SAN boost similar stats for Vampires would also help them imo.

Another big point of contention is that mage vampires suffer heavily when it comes to maintaining or stacking essence. Life Drain can trigger Sanguine Crest, but honestly Crest ends up being a detriment more than anything else 90% of the time. Even if you trigger your crest, without banquet you have NO way to boost your essence. Lunar Lunatism currently heavily benefits mages more, since they can afford SAN investment. However, many mage builds don't have good hit. On top of this making your banquet likely to miss against anyone with even semi decent evade, Banquet has fixed STR and SKI scaling, so you're burning 3 momentum to get a 10-20 damage hit in and 20-30 essence if you're lucky. Oh, and all of this has to be done after you get in melee range.

I actually ended up typing more than I intended, but this race has a lot of frustrating issues so ye.
[-] The following 2 users Like Perdition's post:
  • Deja Vu, HaTeD

Messages In This Thread
Let me bite you real quick - by Senna - 04-30-2021, 02:46 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Perdition - 04-30-2021, 11:47 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 04-30-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by HaTeD - 05-29-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 05-30-2021, 12:46 AM