Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me bite you real quick
Calling them 'humans' is rich.

Humans have a hell lot of extra bonuses that makes them, even with the blandest and most stock theme ever, stand out better and more comfortable than Vampires.

Vampires have no way of versatility, they lost their only worth or 'stand out' effect which was their boat load of bonus statuses which allowed them to be effective on multiple areas, and turned into a 'SKI-based basic hit or bust'. With those woes, they fell out of relevancy quite quick beyond being mages. But why be a Vampire mage when you can be a Glykin?

Really. I believe that minor buffs would get them super far without having to change them completely, and it doesn't need to involve touching their kit any significantly.

Sanguine Crest's stat bonuses are just for show. +2 is -really- insignificant. Remove that and swap for the following effect:

Quote:Sanguine Crest 
80% Poison Resistance, +3 Move, +15% PDR/MDR, (Holy Weakness, lowered healing, etc. not changed). While not Badly Beaten, being reduced to 0 HP automatically uses Silvermists if you have enough Essence.

Quote:Crest Burn-Out 
-3 Move, -15% PDR/MDR. You cannot recover or heal HP while it is active and skills/spells cost 15 (-1 per 5 SAN, min. 0) extra FP to use.

Additionally, they'd need a few QoL touches, so they're not streamlined into only having "Basic Hitting builds". No race currently does this, and for a good measure, to give players freedom to play their characters the way they want without having to be 'meta'. SO, slide these along:

Quote:Essence 
- Healing at an Inn will fully recover your Essence, if you are not Fasting (ICly, you'd take your sweet time to bite someone before resting).
- Gaining Essence while it is at maximum will reduce the duration of negative status effects by 1 round.

Banquet 
- If used on a target that is Charmed, Immobilized, Flatfooted or Clumsy, it will automatically hit. Hitting Banquet will prolong all beneficial effects you have by 1 round.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • Deja Vu, Fern, Imotepchief, K Peculier

Messages In This Thread
Let me bite you real quick - by Senna - 04-30-2021, 02:46 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Perdition - 04-30-2021, 11:47 AM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 04-30-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by HaTeD - 05-29-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Let me bite you real quick - by Snake - 05-30-2021, 12:46 AM