Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone is the Same
Equalizing stats among weapons does sound funny with the post title yeah, but I get what you're saying. I think there's a good reason that weapon classes have baseline stats that they all follow to begin with, like all daggers having a 130% crit damage modifier, all spears being 85% base accuracy, etc. It gives more of an identity to individual weapon classes while making weapons easier to balance in comparison to one another.

Which is the reason that if there are weapons across these classes that are clearly meant to be basic attacking, like Tarnada, Anchor Edge, Hundred Reflection Spear, Buzzing Chakram, etc. etc. then you end up with a another sort of class all together. The aforementioned are all 10 stars, but you could easily include things such as Raijin, Tessens, and generally speaking other weapons with On Hit effects.

In my opinion, weapons of the same 'class' should be balanced by their unique effects rather than their stats. Not only is this one less thing to consider when balancing the weapons, but it also makes them, in general, more viable because their stats will be the same given their class. If you can pick any weapon that's clearly meant to basic attack because it has an effect depending on landing a hit or crit and know that the weapon will have at least 90 base accuracy, that's one less thing I, as a player, have to worry about when it comes to a viable build.

And viability is what this all boils down to. Sure, there are people that want to use broken shit and be OP, but I think 90% of the time players want to have a build that's just... viable while also fitting their theme. I was unaware there was another topic about these sentiments in the General Discussion section, but Fern hits the nail on the head. For the sake of viability, players end up sacrificing what they actually want to use a lot of the time. There are times when you can make more "out there" builds that can compete with what's regarded as meta, but those times are few and far between, and they end up falling into a place where multiple people and up using those same loadouts because it's as "out there" as people can manage without being full blown meta, but also having a fighting chance.

Messages In This Thread
Everyone is the Same - by Perdition - 05-05-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: Everyone is the Same - by sadbot - 05-06-2021, 10:00 AM
RE: Everyone is the Same - by Snake - 05-06-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Everyone is the Same - by Perdition - 05-06-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: Everyone is the Same - by Raigen.Convict - 05-16-2021, 03:05 PM