Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a divorce
As the marriage counselor in the room I would like to explain why Guile and Strength's marriage is unhealthy. Strength is too dependent on guile and whenever strength goes to talk to the balance counselor he can't get any help because anything that makes him better makes that cheating ho guile too strong because strength doesn't know she's got herself 100% guile scaling weapons on the side hustle.

So I propose we seperate guile from strength. To do this we remove the critical damage scaling from guile and return to using a fixed critical damage modifier. This modifier was 200% before guile existed but I can see the argument  that  it may be a bit strong considering you need 60 guile to even approach that on the best weapons, so perhaps 150-175% universal crit damage mod before other mods 

Now without having crit damage anymore guile feel's kind of empty so as a conciliation prize guile could now get "Reduces enemy mdef and physdef calculations by .5 per scaled guile" this thematically fits guile being the sneaky and acid stat, allowing it to aid in getting past tanks. Heck with this change mages my decide to build a bit of guile over being a magical medicine ball.

this would solve the blandness of basic attack builds, because it free's up a stat's worth of investment and makes their build choices more comparable to autohit stonks. This solution avoids the problem of inadvertently buffing daggers, changing the game via some sort of mechanical change like a global fluer/momentum rebalance, and also makes guile a viable stat outside of basic hit builds.

Messages In This Thread
We need a divorce - by Lolzytripd - 05-08-2021, 03:51 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Sawrock - 05-08-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Lolzytripd - 05-08-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Sawrock - 05-08-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Snake - 05-08-2021, 08:23 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Lolzytripd - 05-08-2021, 08:31 PM
RE: We need a divorce - by Raigen.Convict - 05-16-2021, 03:27 PM