Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chain Casting
So I figured I would pitch a skill for Evoker, seeing as Charge Mind is currently the go-to buff skill. Variation is always nice.

Quote:Chain Casting - 2M

The user begins casting at high-speed, reducing the momentum cost of all Mage and Evoker spells (excluding Invocations) they cast by 1 for the remainder of the turn, but preventing them from using the same spell twice. Cannot be used while under the effects of Charge Mind, and for the duration Mage and Evoker spells use only 80% of WIL.

Rank 1: Learn Skill. 20 FP.
Rank 5: If High-Speed Divine Words is active, the momentum cost of spells is further reduced by 1.
Having a momentum cost of 2 means the most we'll (probably) see cast in a single turn would be 5 spells, if High-Speed Divine Words was activated in the previous turn. This may seem ridiculous, but the total cost of achieving this is 7M and 40 FP, more total than Charge Mind, and they won't be able to increase the damage through Charge Mind's effect, meaning this skill is about quantity over quality (the complete opposite of Charge Mind). A possible advantage is that the caster could hit more elemental weaknesses (and in the case of some skills inflict more status'), but they could just as easily hit more resists. My hope is that this adds a strategic alternative for Charge Mind to Evoker's arsenal, and encourages the use of Evoker spells that are normally untouched.

A possible tweak that this may need is only working for Mage and Evoker spells, but I would like opinions on that before any change is made to the suggestion, as well as opinions on the idea as a whole.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]

Messages In This Thread