Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel of Death (and other rune mage balance stuff)
Okay, so it has been a long while since rune mage has been added to the game, and at current, when it shows it seems to be oppressive in both PvE and PvP, at least against a good chunk of builds. So, with that in mind, and after discussion and experience, I'd like to propose issues that at least I, and some others, think need addressing, and potential solutions.

- Razor Rune:
This is honestly the big one for earning ire with in terms of rune mage, because of how many instances of unscaling damage you get from it if using it the way it's normally used. It should not be causing damage on every tile it passes by, so what I suggest in this regard is:

- Razor Rune can no longer do more than your rank in it in terms of damage instances when it passes by someone. This means it caps at 3 instances of damage on a person per rush, rather than the current amount.

It's also problematic with visual indication of what tiles are being hit, so I suggest that a razor rune plays the ravage spin animation over tiles within its' range when it moves. This way the attack doesn't simply seem... "invisible" when it comes.

- Illuminated Rune:
Using this, you can end up with enemies on a number as absurd as LV300 Glowing. Which, if I remember the effect of glowing correctly, is -300 evade. That's more than most if not all evade builds can muster, and absolutely mutilates them against pretty much anything, ruining their defensive prospects.

My solution to this is general. Glowing, like magnetise, should have a cap to effectiveness. Either at 50 evade loss or 100 evade lost, this turns unworkable into just punishing.

- Null Rune / Chronos Rune:
The synergy between these two is just too much. You essentially end up with runes that will last until destroyed, and with the health runes can have, doing that is often a dangerous prospect for anyone not at range as is. This means that Chronos rune can reach it's max and add a LOT of range to the rune, easily, while you probably get punished for trying to stop it.

The solution? Make the two mutually exclusive. A rune with null and a rune with chronos should not be able to combine. You either take a long-lasting rune, or a one with crazy range potential, not both. It forces a choice onto the player, with that in mind.

Now, you might disagree with my opinions and suggestions, or you might think other things also need to get hit. Whatever the case is, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say rune mage has some outright ludicrous things going for it.

So I'd be interested in seeing how you think things should be changed.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 4 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Ace, HaTeD, K Peculier, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Wheel of Death (and other rune mage balance stuff) - by WaifuApple - 05-31-2021, 04:46 AM